Saturday, September 17, 2011

New used 2004 GT200 Vespa!


I just acquired my first Vespa this summer! It's seafoam green, and feels much larger compared to my previous vehicle, a Honda Metropolitan. It's got a 200cc engine, and I can really feel the horsepowers. This thing takes me on the freeway in style. Love the Vespa for many reasons:
  • Smaller vehicle (than a car) means better gas mileage, and also more manageable DIY maintenance, which is fun and rewarding!
  • Riding a motorcycle is more enjoyable than driving a car (duh)
  • Smaller carbon footprint than owning a car
  • No need to worry about shifting gears (I do enjoy manual transmissions, but this gives a sense of liberation. Kind of like how riding a single speed or fixed-gear bicycle lets you enjoy the scenery and frees up some cognitive resources)
  • Vespas are stylish, have history, and are well built (i.e. expensive).
I will try and document my maintenance activities on the Vespa here, both for the benefit of having a centralized location for personal reference, and also to share this information with others. Maybe you will find it useful. I hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment